Friday, March 27, 2009

The tree that bare no fruit

Having done my homework for the coming week, my mind was free to roam and I was just thinking about one of the trees in my backyard.

We have lots of plants in the backyard, mostly shrubs and tiny bushes and there is one particular tree that stood out from the rest. I've took notice of it for a while now cos I have never seen it having fruits. Ever. Instead, seeds were hanging in places where the fruits are ought to be. It must be weird being that tree, I thought to myself, having to look so different from its counterparts.

Then I had an idea. I reached out and plucked one of the red seeds that was hanging from its branches. Using a little stick on the ground, I dug a hole not far from the fruitless tree and placed the seed in it.

Two weeks passed and nothing happened. Still, I was hopeful. I checked it everyday and watered it frequently. Another two weeks passed and still no sign of anything. I was disappointed. I dug up the seed and threw it over the fence, like how I would a baseball. It fell hard onto the road outside but still I wasn't feeling any better. I felt sorry for the tree. I felt sorry for myself. Then I realised that the tree that doesn't bare fruit, never had a chance to feel at all.

The End.

Hey guys, the stuff above is all made up. My first attempt to incorporate themes in my stories. It helped that I really do have a tree in my backyard baring raisin-looking fruits.

No comments: