Monday, December 20, 2010

See you tomorrow

In about 24 hours from now, I will be boarding the plane to Singapore. And although I have done this a couple of times, I still feel nervous about going back. And when I break it down, I saw what was worrying me. When I am alone, I can do stuff on my own. I do it when I want it and how I like it to be done. But when I am back, I am no longer just me. I am part of a team, my family. So when my dad tired to take my luggage for me at the airport, I felt weird. And wrong. I am not used to it, having others doing things for me. I think that's why.

But similarly, I think my family was traumatised by my return the last time because I made some changes to our house of 20 years. Thank god they still accept me.

In any case, if everything goes well and the weather is good, I will be back home tomorrow and shall be seeing you all soon.

No comments: