Thursday, May 13, 2010

The dose for doze

I can't sleep. It is past 1 am and barely 10 degrees.

I had a dream recently. I dreamt of my dead hamster, who was also dead in my dreams. I dreamt of a dying goldfish. In fact, my dead hamster was in the same tank as the dying goldfish.

Was this a consequence of morbid thoughts, I do not know. Was this the reason of my restless state, I do not know.

Perhaps this has something to do with the recent episodes in my life. Not that I've dealt with death. Heaven forbids, no. Just the occasional ups and downs. Maybe a lot more ups than usual. And some feelings with confused positioning on the up-down scale.

Maybe the chocolate mud cake was one too much for dessert and I am now to suffer the after-effects of a sugar overdose.

Maybe its the unfinished homework which lies on my desk now, beckoning to my conscience, drawing me from sleep.

Maybe its a combination of reasons, rather than just a distinct one. Yet, as I lie wide awake in my bed, thinking of the maybe of all maybes, I failed to see that maybe, its just me.

No comments: