Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lab days are over for all but one

Heya! I've just finished my last wet pract for the semester! What a relief! All living science students would be able to relate to the euphoria I'm feeling now. No more late hours in school. No more long, boring practorials (i.e practicals + tutorials). And MORE daylight to be spent on other fun and exciting things. Even watching the television programs in Aust counts as an exciting activity when compared to attending practs. My tues, wed and thurs afternoons are free:D

Oh I've forgot to mention that I've had my virgin dissection of a whole animal last friday. It was quite an experience. We decided on a joey (baby kangaroo) cos one of my friends didn't want to dissect the chicken and another refuse to cut up any part of a dog. Initially we were all pretty shy and didn't know what to do but we soon got the hang of it and before we know it, we had the whole of the front and hind leg de-skined, exposing the muscles and ligaments underneath. But before all that, Sze had to pull out the animal's insides which includes the heart, liver, stomach, small and large intestines. The bloody sight aside, the overwhelming stench almost caused me to throw up. So although the coming friday is the last day of school before term break, I'm not looking forward to the dissection that comes with it.

I need a break.

No comments: