Saturday, May 3, 2008

Accuracy VS precision

I am blessed with a friend who likes to play ball games! She likes basketball though which is not something I would fancy playing for I am less than good in that game but I agreed to play with her nonetheless. I must admit we looked quite dumb trying to get that ball into the net as we hardly ever made it go in and was surprise at the amount of attention we got from the people around.

Of late, I have been confronted by my assignments across courses for the difference in the meaning of accuracy and precision. For those who took baics physics or some chemistry, you would naturally think that precision is the ability to produce the same result over and over again while accuracy is the measure of how near your results are from the true value. Using this theory, I think its safe to say that my basketball shots was very precise. I was able to reproduce the SAME result no matter where I stood (the ball went everywhere but into the net). It was quite frustrating I must say but practice makes perfect, hopefully.

I wish to get better. We'll probably play again soon next week:)

No comments: