Monday, May 5, 2008

Life is such a tiresome thing

What do you live for? Do you live to eat, or eat to live? Do you live for love, or to be loved? You have your reason and I have mine. I live for another. Many others in fact. I live for my family because if I die they will be devastated. I live for my friends because they live for me too. (I will not let them die, in any sense of the word) Dont die on me lyj. (I have used your initials so that only the group of us knows) And if you dont know, its a sign that you do not need to know.

'But are you happy?' she asked me.

'I dont know' I replied.

And then I realised that, for all the reasons to live I have left out one most important thing. Myself! So that's why I am tired of pleasing everyone! Because I forget about pleasing me. Please yourself today. Buy yourself that branded bag you have always wanted. Better still, go on a holiday! Reward yourself for surviving yet another day on earth where hypocrisy, lies, betrayal, backstabbing and war dominates. And above all that, reward yourself by indulging in the thought of that particular someone whose heart ache at the sight of your tears. And then smile and be happy and contented.

No comments: