Monday, June 9, 2008

Recurring dreams - what does it mean?

I had a strange dream last night. I dreamt that I chanced upon two young brothers swimming in the canal while I was running on the bridge one evening. It was a happy sight to see them enjoying themselves near the water. Then I saw them. Baby crocodiles. First there were only two young adult ones, about the height of a 5 year-old and very slender so it seemed like the brothers might be able to get away with them.

The eldest of the two brothers was still swimming in the water, unaware of the danger. At the bank, the younger guy spotted the reptiles and called for his brother to hurry. The big brother sped up but still was not quick enough for the swift crocs. One of the crocodiles got hold of his left arm and dragged him deep into the water where he is no longer visible from the surface.

I was stunned. The younger brother tried to run. This was when all of the crocodiles appear from below the waters. Tonnes of them. Some actually walked on two feet, like humans, when they reached the land. It was a nightmare! But the crocodiles did not attacked the boy. They merely passed him in one fast motion, as if they cant see him at all.

In another dream many nights ago, I dreamt that I was looking into the ocean from a tall building and from where I was, I could see a young boy and his mother swimming in the ocean. A killer whale was swimming close by but seemed relatively harmless. The mother thought it was a great chance for her son to see the whale so she brought him closer. The young guy did not like the idea and was struggling to get free from his mother's hold.

When they were finally close enough to touch, the whale attacked! At first he went for the boy but the boy managed to free himself and swam away. The mother was too stunned to move and when she got her senses back, she too tried to swim away but similar to the dream above, the unfortunate happened and the mother was dragged deep into the ocean by the whale.

I was perspiring when I woke from the eerily similar dreams. In both dreams I was just watching. The sense of helplessness overwhelmed me as I watched the terror unfolds. I wanted to call out but was not sure if that will be of any help as everything happened so fast. In both dreams, the younger human of the two was the first to sense the danger. Perhaps they have that gift because they see the world for what it is and not the make-believed ones which many grown-ups tend to build for themselves. In both dreams, there were people beside me. They could have helped! (If they knew how)


.... And there was no blood. In both dreams there wasnt blood. Its strange when you think about it. Not logical. But then again, since when are dreams logical?

No comments: