Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This was once my dream

It has been a long time since the last time I blog and feel obliged to write something. But I hate to write for the sake of writing just like I hate exams and bad weather so I'll write on something I like but might not be of any interest to you. (Nope, I will not be writing on my exams. Not yet at least.)

I have always been very fasinated by the amazing crime-solving ability of detectives. That was why I wanted, and still do, although not as much now, to be a forensic scientist. Its just SO COOL! And then I looked up some stuff on the internet and books and was shocked by the amount of work put in by crime scene investigators. It is not as glamourous as they show on TV.

The amount of physics, chemistry, biology, geology and psychology involved was beyond imagination. Just by looking at the way the blood stained the wall, they can tell at which angle the victim was attacked, which blood vessel was most probably responsible, how much time has lasped since, etc etc. And JUST from the angle of attack, they are able to predict the height of the attacker, the position the victim was in when he was attacked, whether the attack was from the back and hence predict if the victim was acquainted with his attacker. OMG! And most of the time, there will be more than one blood pattern overlapping each other as the victim might be hit multiple times and they must be able to differentiate each patterns and deduce how each pattern indicate whatever I have mentioned above. CAN YOU IMAGINE? And we haven even start to look at the body! If the body tells a different story, then everything has to be rebuild.

Salute to the heroes whose lives are dedicated to tell the story of those who cant speak for themselves anymore. And although it is evident that my job in the future will most probably not be of any relation to any forensic work, the occasional mind-stimulating activity of solving the fictitious crimes on tv is always appreciated by my otherwise deprived, and hence degenerating, brain cells.

No comments: