Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Changing buses

Hello! So I am into my second week of my final semester as an undergrad and everything is kinna different. I was assigned to complete my genetics placement in an institute located at the Waite campus which is about 30-40 minutes away from the North Terrace campus. And because I have the privilege of travelling that far away from the city, I have discovered yet another interesting thing about adelaide.

Did you know that the buses here change their numbers as they travel from the suburbs to the city and vice versa? If you see a bus approaching from afar and the number on the bus is, for example 123, and so you thought it isn't your bus cos you're waiting for number 456 but within a blink of an eye, the bus number changed to 456 and you missed the bus because you didn't know that buses could actually change their numbers as they go. How weird is that? The numbers on the buses in adelaide are electronic, unlike the number printed on board kinds you see in singapore, and so changing the bus number is as easy as pushing a button.

Once I got off a bus (thinking I had to change buses) only to see that the bus I was on had its number changed! And the funny thing is that it was changed to the one I was supposed to go on. So, with embrassment written all over my face, I boarded the same bus... again.

I guess this is one of the few things I have to get used to.

2 comments:

me said...

HAHA! So cute. Why do they want to change the bus number?

Anonymous said...

cool system!