Thursday, July 2, 2009

Back with the living - exams are over

Hello! I have just sat for my last and least confident paper and now I am happy to be freeeeeeeeeeee! On the whole, the exam felt alright (it wasn't extremely good but it wasn't a disaster as well). We'll see when the results are out.

Alright anyways since the last time I wrote, many things have happened. There was another ang moh stranger who cannot resist the temptation to speak to me in Chinese, Michael Jackson died, more H1N1 cases, few houses in Adelaide got their roofs blown away, etc etc. None of which I desire to write about. I want to write about something that is close to my heart because that's when words flow like water from a fountain and I don't have to think for too much but there isn't any thing I feel strongly for at the moment. So I reached out into the box of random ideas and pulled out a piece of paper. It read "Lies". So here goes.

It is generally believed that a good man is one who speaks the truth. Nobody likes liars. No one likes to lie. But truth be told, we are all guilty of it once in a while. We lie to make others happy, to make ourselves look bigger, better, and sometimes simply just to make things easier. When a friend ask me " Hey do you think I'm fat?" I have two options. I could stand by my morals and say "Yes, I do think so" but instead I would say " Fat? No, you look fine". Call me a hypocrite but I don't see any good in speaking the truth.

Imagine a world where no one lies. Hmm.. lawyers would be out of jobs!

Seriously though, I don't think it's possible to live a life without lies. So if everyone does it, what's the big deal about lying? I guess that depends upon the severity of the consequences it brings. How severe is severe though? The moral line drawn is blur. In the end, we all rely on our self to be the judge.

I don't appreciate being lied to so I don't like to lie. But I still do sometimes. And that's not to say I don't have a conscience. Afterall, I'm only human.

No comments: