Saturday, November 28, 2009

Changes and more

Ladies and gentlemen I am pleased to address you from a place other than my bedroom in Adelaide. I am currently addressing you from my bedroom in Singapore. ahahahahaha. Yes! I am back! There were many changes since I left. Do you know that we did not initially have the lights on the board of the mrt trains telling us the next stop? And I came from the time where the trains don't go beyond Boon Lay. Apparently there are more changes which I have yet to witness. Orchard road seems to be the road with the biggest makeover, with ION Orchard and Orchard Central being the newest members of the family of shopping malls. I feel like a tourist!

Apart from the roads and things, the people of Sg have also changed since I'd left. It is heart wrecking to say this but physically, my dad has aged tremendously and have lost a lot of weight. My sister too seems to have lost some baby fat (but she is still as childish as before) while my brother has gained some muscles which further emphasis the small head he has. My mother was the only one who stayed the same. Thank god for that!

Since I came back, I have met up with Xinyi, Stacey, and a handful of people from the Tan clan.

Xinyi has cut her hair to a record bob short. And accompanied with the significantly lost of her long hair was the significantly lost of weight. Please eat more Li Xinyi!

Stacey was the same:)
Well, apart from her badly scalded hand that is. We still share a certain level of telepathy and gave each other gifts with the same reference to the past. ~ Sister ladybug~ hahaha. Take care Stacey Sim.

The few members of the Tan family whom I've had the fortune of meeting up with did not change much physically. However in some, I can sense changes of a different nature. My grandfather, for one, became very emotional when we talked about people from his past. That was the first time I've seen him so vulnerable.

Alright I have to do the awkward change of topic and ask that my friends in Adelaide to take care. Yes! That means you Lim Sze Yin and Hor Peng Soon. Miss you guys loads.

Still to come:
1) Meeting the Lam Family (my mother's side) - Tomorrow
2) Elisa Lua @ the new Orchard Road - Tuesday
3) Sarah Lim - time & place have yet to be determined
4) Stanley - Thursday
5) The rest of the Tan clan - Saturday
6) Shirrin - Are we meeting???

No comments: