Thursday, August 14, 2008

I see the BFG in you

Something strange happened today. I might even classify it as a miracle. The Head of Statistics stood up for me today! OMG it felt so good. Alright what happened was that my student account does not allow me to open an application which is required for me to complete my assignment. And this assignment is due on Monday.

I called up the IT support but they still couldnt get it fixed. (Well, they claimed that it was fixed but it wasn't) So I went to my instructor who then told me to tell Gary, the Head of Stats.

Gary was very helpful. (FYI we are on first name basis cos I cant pronounce his last name) For those who know the place, he went from the maths office building at 10 Pultney to the labs in the Engineering and Maths building just to see the error message.

And that's not all! He called ITS to inform them of their inefficiency and insisted on speaking to the supervisor to ensure that the job will be done properly. While he was put on hold to get connected with the supervisor, he gave me a " I'll get them for you" look. He even told me to send him an email if they didnt do a good job.

It's nice to have someone who stands up and fights for you. Especially when you're not on home ground and you're unsure of the procedures. And the problem was finally resolved. For real.



For the record, the post just below this is nothing serious. I was just goofing around. Thanks to all for your concern:)

No comments: