Saturday, August 16, 2008

It is impossible to dislike her

I met someone special yesterday during stats lecture. I think I know her well despite only spending one hour with her. She is very brave and doesnt give up easily. In her life, she must have faced more obstacles than the average person but she will stubbornly continue her road with a smile. She is very optimistic. But she is also pessimistic sometimes. Who can blame her? She is not your average girl. She is partially handicapped. Visually. But she IS your average girl. Maybe she's just more loud and cheerful. It must be scary to be her, talking in front of so many audience and yet unable to see them. Yup, she was the lecturer.

She reminds me of someone very dear to me in Singapore. They have the same personality. I miss her so much and was glad that I made it to her 21st birthday, thanks to the invention of webcam.

I admit that I was bias throughout the whole lecture. I couldnt stand it when the guys behind kept talking badly of her and when people left in the middle of the lecture. And it was so painful to see her struggling with a tough academic question posed by a fellow undergrad. In my mind I was cheering on for her. I thought she was good! Although I might think otherwise if not for her reminder of the special bond I have with my cousin.

It was a very tiring day for me on Friday but I listened to everything she said and followed her as she jumps from page to page of my lecture notes. At the end, I was happy at Arjan's comment that she is better than BFG. See! She's good!

No comments: