Friday, August 1, 2008

Returning to school - Semester 2

Today marks the LAST WEEKday of the FIRST WEEK. Going back to school reminds me of the reason for my being here – to study. Without the internet acting as my main source of distraction, I am now able to occupy myself with homework, which comes at an amazingly slow speed, as well as mental stress. I am stressed. Not very much but I am. Let’s just say that things are not going as planned and there is nothing I can do about it.

The weather has been quite temperamental these days. It tends to lead people to think that it will be a fine day, like today, and just as everyone hailed the good turn in weather, it hailed. It was quite an experience though.

I had the first taste of stats at university level and the only thing I have learnt so far from it was an interesting quote. “I would spend my last day on Earth in my stats class. It makes it seem longer. – Anonymous” I thought it was weird that my lecturer showed this to us. It was not at all encouraging when she used this to skilfully warn us of the degree of boringness the class could get. The rest of the lectures were filled with terminology and formulas I have come across in my study years. Nothing’s new. (So far)

There is another birthday girl coming up and the party’s due tomorrow. That means I gotta get a present. And since I am sharing it with Elisa it must not come as a surprise when I say that we will be baking. Its banana chocolate chip cupcakes or muffins, I can’t really tell the difference, and we’re going to do it from scratch. This usually spells disaster for me but I shall put my absolute faith in my trusty housemate. I’ll still pray for help from above though. And while I am at it, I’ll ask if I am good enough for something to relief my stressed state.

No comments: