Sunday, October 5, 2008

Right, left, right

Have you ever think its funny how we were taught to cross the road when we were young? The weird notion of looking right, then left, then right again is so... hmm... Why in the world do we need to do that for?

Why do we have to look right again when we have already done it in the first place? If its just to make sure we didn't missed any vehicles earlier, then why DON'T we need to look to the left again? It doesn't make any sense!

And why don't we look to the left, then right, then left? Why does it have to be right->left->right?

I know nobody really does it nowadays so its not a big deal but I'm curious about the logic behind the theory. Are we compromising our safety if we looked to the left first instead of the right?

This is not a joke, I swear. If you know any logical reason to these otherwise ridiculous actions, kindly let me know.

~ END~

Lastest news! Mingying has just solved the mystery! According to her, we look to the right first because Singapore is a right-hand drive country. So the cars come from the right. And then you look to the left for the next lane of cars which comes from your left. Haha but I bet you guys already knew this and I am just another retarded person who amazingly escaped natural selection. No offence to, well, people who might feel offended. I was just referring to me.

Aside to Mingying, thanks again and that was really fast!

No comments: