Saturday, March 8, 2008

Yummy Yummy Yum Yum

Today's write up is going to be on a topic close to the hearts (and stomachs) of many. I will attempt to write on the food in adelaide, or rather, the food I eat here in adelaide. As most of you might have known by now, I make my own breakfast and lunch and cook dinners with my flatmate Elisa. This is mainly because it is really very expensive to eat out. So, without further ado, let me present to you the finest cuisine The Village townhouse number 50 has to offer.......


First up, its the pasta!
A whole lot of us got together and wipped up a delicious meal for 7. (But it serious feeds at least 8)






Followed by the yummy carrot and potato soup, meat balls in sauce as well as the all important lettuce.











And then there are the fruits! The peaches :)













And after some time, we decided we missed curry and decided to make some. It was so tasty. But, of course, we used the pre-mixed
ones as we're still not good enough to try from scratch.









Most of the time we'll have bread. Tuna bread, egg mayo bread, chicken mayo bread, french toast and on some days, I might just eat bread with
margarine. Its just bread bread bread bread bread.








Of course we have other alternatives for breakfast. Cornflakes
is one of them. And cornflakes come cheap if you buy in bulk. So there you can see is what I have bought. For a better idea of how big it is, I have placed a 15 cm ruler (if you can see it) between the 2 boxes of cornflakes. ( The tip of the ruler reaches the letter "c" in "corn" on the skippy corn flakes box)





Because we have lots of cornflakes, we sometimes eat them with things other than milk. Like ice-cream for instance:) It is good I must say.







The following photos might look a bit scary but yup its what we have in our house. This one here, is a photo of a 4 litres oil bottle, beside a 500g salt and a kilo sugar on the most right.





And then there is the canned food and ready-made rice and pasta for emergencies. Actually it is also because it is very cheap.






And our well-stoked fridge.






Lastly, I would like to introduce you to a healthy flatmate of mine. Her name is Carrie. She eats salads for dinner and she doesnt eat anything pass 6 o'clock.








This is her dinner. (Wow! looks good)






Alright I know I have made some of you hungry and shall put and end to your misery by ending my photos here. Hope you enjoyed looking at them as much as I have enjoyed savouring them. Muahahahahaha.

-leeling will be making pancakes for breakfast tomorrow!

No comments: