Friday, April 25, 2008

Messy

It has been a long time since I last blogged. And nothing much has changed over the week. Mid sem break will soon be over which implies that my maths test is only a few sleeps away. Its depressing to continue in this direction so please pardon me for the sudden change of topic.

It's Anzac day today! This is the equivalent of national day in Singapore, I suppose, and If you walk down the streets, you will notice the australian flags hanging on the street lights. There is, however, no national day parade and spectacular fireworks display. I have little knowledge on how they commemorate this day as no one seem to be talking about it. Its sad to say that it has no historical meaning to me and I only see upon it as being a public holiday, a day when shops are all closed.

I have accquired a liking towards the story Jane Eyre and have spent a few afternoons watching the different versions of this period drama. This thought just came to me one day. 'The things that she said led me to think that I was the constant topic of their discussion whenever my back was turned towards them. I wasn’t affected. Or at least, I didn’t let it show. It will not be easy to live up to everyone’s expectations so I’d rather live up to my own. And they may talk if they wish for I will not be able to change the littleness they think of me.' Many girls may be able to relate to this feeling. And I can never form a deep friendship with one who thinks little of me. Can you?

No comments: