Friday, April 18, 2008

The past, the present and whatever that lies beyond

Go back to the first day of school when you were in primary one. Can you still remember the events of that faithful day? The night before was filled with so much excitement and uncertainty till you cant sleep. It's because you know that something different will happen.

I recall from the good ol' days and remember my mother told me explicitly to choose a seat located under the fan so that I will not feel warm in the afternoon. To my surprise, my classmates mothers' told them to take the front-most seats so that they can hear what the teacher was saying. So none of them was 'snatching' the seats under the fan. But I was lucky. The next few days proved to be pretty hot.

These small things make me look back and laugh but it was my first step towards independence. Now, I am taking care of every little things in my life. From the clothes I wear, to the food I eat, to the place I live, to how I should spend my allowance. I pretty much have the freedom to do what I desire. This freedom, when abused however, can have quite dire consequences.

It is what I have learnt from young that shaped my personality and mold me into what I am today. My family and friends taught me many things and that's how I grow emtionally and mentally. And I am still in this process of learning and growing which enables me to live life to its fullest.

As said by someone famous (and I seriously cant remember who), whatever fails to kill me, makes me stronger. So give me your best shot. It'll only make me stronger cos it'll definitely not kill me. I will not allow it.

No comments: