Saturday, September 20, 2008

Because

I've just looked through the latest post and noted the number of times I've used the word "because" to explain myself.

Why do we use "because"?
(a) Because it is the word used to signaL to the reader that you're about to give reasons to the topic in question.
(b) Because it's just that.
(c) Stop saying because!

It seems to me that if you try to overly explain yourself, it will look as if you're lying and just trying to use excuses to cover up. So I highly suggest not to put too many "because(s)" in your sentences. And YES I do realise the risk of discrediting my previous post by posting this one but NO I will not go back to edit that one. What's done is done. You either take it, or....... not.

dear sire

1 comment:

leeling said...

This might be the toughest so here's another one. Think of Da Vinci.