Monday, September 29, 2008

Imbalance is The Balance

Yesterday, I actually wanted to talk about another type of imbalance in the world but I digressed and it became something else. So allow me to jump straight into the topic today. I want to talk about the sad situation about how some countries are suffering from obesity and some from starvation. These two seemingly extreme problems actually result in the same thing – death.

When I was younger, I naively thought that if the richer nations just give their food to the poorer ones, we will actually solve both the problems. But can you see the problem with that?

Allow me to help you. Recall Darwin's theory on survival of the fittest. This is the basis of our existence. Balancing this imbalance will put us humans at a selective disadvantage. Think about it.

No comments: