Sunday, September 21, 2008

Did that happen, really?

There are many times in the course of my life when I felt confused. I cannot tell if a past event really did occur or it was just a fragment of my imagination. (And I am not referring to the state of mind when one is under the influence of alcohol) This is especially frustrating because you can never reach a proper conclusion as to if it did or did not happen, unless you have the ability to turn back time and see for yourself.

I sometimes wonder if I suffer from multiple personality syndrome.

I'm not sure if any of you are diagnosed with this unfortunate neurological disorder but if you are, there are some things which you can do to help you identify if an event indeed occurred.

1. Try to recall if there was anyone at the "same place" with you. If there was, ask him/her if it really occurred. But this might not be reliable cos people, just like you and me, tend to forget.

2. If there wasn't anyone around, ask the people who might know if the event you believed happened can actually happen in a practical sense. Again, this is not foolproof cos there isn't any concrete evidence to show.

3. Get hard evidence! If you believe you've been to a place before, look for photographs to back you up.

I can think of at least 3 events right not which occurrance I cannot establish initially.

Number 1: My uncle and an auntie brought me and my cousin out to play when I was really young. This really happened. I've got a picture to prove.

Number 2: My JC tutor telling the class that she went to a chocolate factory and tasted the chocolate from a chocolate fountain. This did not happen. I've confirmed this with my classmates and the tutor herself.

Number 3: I witnessed the passing on of an elderly women in her rocking chair when I was barely 3. I cannot be sure about this one. When I relate this incident to my mum a few years back, she could identify the similarities between my story and the actual event. Which made it quite scary for me.

I hate to end with a morbid story so let me tell you a joke.

Q: What did the lions say before they hunt?
A: Let us prey.

Hope it helps.

No comments: